Revolva PL-S bundle
Rapid, Intuitive, & Compatible
Revolva PL-S is the simple, effective filter mount for RED® DSMC2. The single filter cartridge is loaded with a four-position rotating filter. Compatible with any quick-change Revolva cartridge, for best of class ND and diffusion, right where you need it.
It’s is easy to love. No fumbling with trays, sticking screw threads or dropped and smashed filters. Just slip in the tough aerospace alloy filter cartridge and spin to the filter you need.
Revolva PL-S works with any swappable mount RED® DSMC2® camera. The majority of modern PL lenses are compatible, and the supplied smart fitment tool makes double-checking simple.
Lead time for new orders is approximately 4 weeks
Available as build-to-order
What’s in the box?
ND Cartridge S
ND 0 (clear) • ND 0.6 • ND 1.2 • ND 2.1
ND Cartridges A and B (as supplied with the Revolva PL or EF bundles) are compatible with the Revolva PL-S mount.
Revolva PL-S provides all the practicality of the original PL design, at reduced cost and complexity. Ideal for rapid, challenging production work and modern PL glass.
The design complements your RED® system elegantly, with robust and ergonomic engineering.
At the heart of the Revolva PL-S system, the quick change cartridge contain four best of class filters with ND values from clear to 2.1. Any existing Revolva cartridge is compatible too.
The filter wheel snaps magnetically between positions, locks positively, and clicks convincingly into the mount.
Backing up the quality optics and tough engineering, Revolva PL-S can be upgraded later for complete camera firmware integration.
Ultra neutral FSND
ND 0 (clear)
Revolva ND cartridges use Full Spectrum neutral density filters. This means that the visible and near-IR light is controlled and reduced to precisely the same degree. As a result colour shifts otherwise caused by invisible IR pollution are intelligently minimised.
Frequently Asked Questions
Solution for built-in ND on RED cameras.
• Price: Starting from £1300
• Revolva is available for RED DSMC2 in PL and EF versions, and for Komodo as an RF/PL adapter.
• ND Filter cartridges are available with values from Clear to ND2.1
• Slot in upper right side of mount receives easily swapped cartridge.
• Each filter cartridge has four filter positions, changed by rotating the filter wheel.
• Always quick to return to clear filter.
• No backfocus shift.
• Most modern PL and all common EF lenses compatible.
• PL and EF both have OEM circuitry and firmware support.
• PL-S and RF/PL have no electronics.
• Designed and made by KipperTie in the UK.
Fitting Procedure: DSMC2
• Switch off your camera.
• Remove any existing lens mount using a Torx T20 tool.
• Line up the mount and attach using the captive screws, always starting with the exposed screw, upper right.
• Slide in a cartridge and boot the camera.
• Removal is the reverse of fitting; remove the upper right exposed screw last.
Fitting Procedure: Komodo
Twist the mount into position on the Komodo RF mount.
• Attach the Chinstrap to the Komodo with a Torx T20 tool.
• The mounting foot and chinstrap both use a 2.5mm hex tool to fasten to the mount.
• Slide in a cartridge and you’re ready to work.
Just turn the wheel!
Ensure the locking screw us loosened and rotate the filter wheel by hand.
It will snap into alignment automatically.
If you want to avoid accidental changes, simply tighten the locking screw fully.
Just hold the filter cartridge firmly and pull it out.
A finger grip on the top surface sometimes helps.
Be aware that a small number of very deep lenses can prevent the cartridge from being pulled out.
Always use the fitment check tool prior to mounting a lens, if there is any substantially long rear element. Be aware that rear elements often move as the focus is adjusted.
Revolva compensates for back focus by design.
As long as you have a Revolva cartridge fitted, back focus will be correct.
Bear in mind that temperature, knocks and bumps and other factors can affect back focus for any given lens and camera.
Adjusting backfocus on DSMC2 is simple, so you should collimate prior to shooting whenever absolute precision is required.
Shims for Revolva PL units are available by request for Ranger and Komodo users.
Revolva EF has full support for electronic lenses, exactly the same as Red’s own EF mount.
Revolva for DSMC2 is comparable to any regular DSMC2 mount.
We advise you to use lens support wherever you normally would.
Typical primes and stills lenses are no issue.
On Komodo Revolva RF/PL works best with either the supplied support foot, or the Chinstrap, to prevent movement in the camera’s RF mount.